AmigaActive (2118/2143)

From:Gary Peake
Date:31 May 2000 at 20:43:09
Subject:Re: Trademarks and branding

On Wed, 31 May 2000 15:22:32 -0500 (CDT), jcompton@xnet.com wrote:

>> Why are people seeing it as so ridiculous? Would Sony let people get away
>> with selling unnoficial products with Sony branding? The answer is of
>> course, no (Sony recently went to the lengths of barring all unofficial UK
>> PS magazines from using the name "Playstation", hence there are now around
>> 300 different magazines called Station Power). Why should Amiga behave
>> differently?
>
>The obvious answer is "Because Amiga Inc. is not Sony, and they try so
>hard to project a folksy, gee-whiz attitude, then start making sinister
>trademark protection announcements, so it's perfectly reasonable to be
>more than a little put off."

This is a business. Anyone wishes a license to use Amiga Inc trademarks or
logo's can send an email and resolve the issue rather quickly.

Send an email to gary@amiga.com with "Trademark" as the subject.

Simple enough.

Gary Peake
Director - Support
Amiga Inc.

Unless otherwise stated, my posts represent my
personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Savings + service + convenience = beMANY!